Archinect
anchor

Starting a Visualization Firm - How do we reach out to new clients?

junny

Hi all, we recently started LABRO (Los Angeles Based Rendering Office), focusing on architectural animations. We have video samples and image samples ready, how should we go about reaching new clients? Currently, we have brochures printed and inquiry e-mails drafted, are these the most effective way to marketing ourselves?

Has anyone had any experience opening their own visualization firm? Advice appreciated :)

Jun 24, 15 5:08 pm
chigurh

LA bro...what is your website bro?  do you even lift bro?  

Jun 24, 15 5:34 pm  · 
 · 
kickrocks

No search results except this thread. No presence. How is anyone supposed to find you? 

Jun 24, 15 5:34 pm  · 
 · 
Wilma Buttfit

1. Word of mouth 2. Word of mouse

Jun 24, 15 6:27 pm  · 
 · 
SneakyPete

Find a forum of jaded, cynical architects and ask them.

Jun 24, 15 6:53 pm  · 
 · 
x-jla

Direct mail and phone calls to small arch firms and sole props as well as contractors...They are most likely to out source renders...set up apts...show up at AIA meetings...talk...etc...  start local...

Jun 24, 15 7:03 pm  · 
 · 
junny

Sorry, our site is www.labro.us !

Jun 24, 15 7:30 pm  · 
 · 
kickrocks

Work on your Google-fu. LABRO is pretty much useless at this point as a search term. The full name refers traffic to your competition more than your site, mainly because it's actually a search query and not a business name.

It's a real problem when this thread created hours ago means more to Google than your actual domain.

Jun 24, 15 7:40 pm  · 
 · 
junny

No search results on Google because it's a new site with no back links yet, will establish it over time and work on SEO. 

And I did search google, didn't find anything specific to visualization firm markets.

Jun 24, 15 8:12 pm  · 
 · 
chigurh

gotta up your game man...anybody can do lumion renderings like those...

Jun 24, 15 10:43 pm  · 
 · 
null pointer

no website.

can't even consider you because of that.

Jun 25, 15 7:54 am  · 
 · 
no_form
Your website is a pain to use on my iphone6. And it's all embedded videos. Don't you have a picture gallery I can just quickly look at? I think your website needs to be redesigned for clarity and ease of use.
Jun 25, 15 9:52 am  · 
 · 

I feel like I'm in SimCity in the 90's

Jun 25, 15 10:08 am  · 
 · 
null pointer

Someone needs a typography lesson.

Jun 25, 15 10:08 am  · 
 · 
MyDream

Wow this is a great post and I see a lot of people have a similar idea to what I am trying to do. I hope the op was able to find some work. I see a lot of people thought the guys work was bad and I can't even see it so I don't know.

Feb 8, 17 9:53 pm  · 
 · 
MyDream

Op any luck?

Mar 17, 17 1:17 pm  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: