Archinect
anchor

Career advice

sree22

Hi 

I am a licenced architect with roughly 3 and a half  years of experience in India.My work has been largely retail and commercial interiors in nature.Im looking to pursure my masters at some point in my life in building construction / technology to gain a practical technical hold on design.At this point however, i would like to explore the international arena of design.I believe the wider perspective will do me good.Also , i do require to accumulate some savings so i can pursue my masters.I am registered with the COA in India and am an IGBC LEEd certified architect.Im new to the idea of international work and study and looking for some guidance or direction.Any advice on the topic will be appreciated.

SR

Jun 21, 15 8:53 pm
chigurh

apply for grad schools in the US and europe...you will come out with the connections and education credentials necessary to feed into those markets.  Would like to say you could just apply from India and get a job, go to school later, but the reality is, it would be highly unlikely that somebody would be interested in hiring you.  Those are the kinds of resumes you get through the fax machine like 6 times a week and put right into the recycling bin.  If you have connections in the market you want to work in, you could pursue that route also.  

Jun 21, 15 9:12 pm  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: