Archinect
anchor

architect to builder/developer

architect-1406

Hi,

I am an architect from india, have finished my B.arch and have worked in architectural firms for 1.5 yrs now and have gained good experience in terms of designing and handling a project architecturally.

I have realized i want to design spaces and not do it according to the clients, so i have decided to become a developer myself.

I have limited knowledge in business and construction management , so i wanted to do masters in something which could help me take this next step.

I need to know any universities in europe or USA which have any such PG  courses( max 1 yr) 

Jun 21, 15 9:02 pm
chigurh

all it takes to become a developer is $ and connections to $ and the desire to low ball any and everything in the design and construction process to maximize your/your investors bottom line.  

Jun 21, 15 9:16 pm  · 
 · 
Jackie Smith

To answer your question, the skills learned by Architects in many cases do not receive full value or deep appreciation. Often, the build world sees Architects as vendors and not masters of design, development and construction. Many architects have sought to gain more control over their future by becoming Architect/Developers putting together Joint Venture Real Estate Developments. In this field, as Architect to Joint Venture Developer, For example, The REDI Foundation commends Jeff Pullman, Architect, and Certification Graduate, now developing a $14,000,000 net zero apartment development, earning an equity position in the development while the investor put up all of the $4,000,000 in equity capital required. See Jeff's work at http://www.redii.org/project.html  

Sep 21, 15 3:55 pm  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: