Archinect
anchor

Recommender to enter M.Arch in renown school in U.S

doarch

Dear all fellow architect,

I'm planning to apply for several school for their M.Arch program,such as UC Berkeley, Yale, and Columbia

I've got 1 recommendation from my employer who had M.Sc  from TU Delft, and 1 from my undergraduate thesis mentor who had M.Arch and PhD from Bartlett and Shefield..

And, for the last recommender, I had spoken to one of my lecturer which recently graduated from AA, but.. Does it okay to have all the 3 recommender graduated from Europe, not US?

I've known 1 of my lecturer who had his M.Arch degree from Sci-Arc, but I've not speak to him yet..

Any suggestion?

Thank you!

Jun 16, 15 11:49 pm
Korearch

Why not?

I failed to figure any defects out in your status.

Recommendations should be written by someone who has known you for long time or several years as much as well. So they can make very articulate representations of you in the letter for dream schools.

Be brave and good luck!

Jun 17, 15 8:51 am  · 
 · 
doarch

@Korearch hm, I thought schools in US prefer recommender from US' schools :X

Thank you for your support!

Jun 17, 15 9:45 pm  · 
 · 
thompson's gazelle

Definitely recommendations from professors or professionals who went to or taught at the schools you applied to would help. But mostly it's always the portfolio that matters the most. If you think you're behind with the recommendations, put more effort in your portfolio. 

Jun 18, 15 12:17 am  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: