Archinect
anchor

M.Arch 1 at Pratt

siddgarg123

Can't seem to decide if I should be attending the M.Arch 1 program at Pratt Institute....a lot of the curriculum seems to be focused around parametric design and related softwares. dont know if its worth all the money....

Jun 7, 15 2:55 pm
kickrocks

Would you be happy spending the money or waiting another round of applications to get in somewhere else? 

Sounds like you're just forcing yourself to go wherever accepted you this time.

Jun 7, 15 3:04 pm  · 
 · 
siddgarg123

This is the only year i ve got for myself.......If i dont start school this year Id have to forget about becoming an Architect...

Jun 7, 15 3:54 pm  · 
 · 
kickrocks

So you'd rather go somewhere you don't necessarily want to? Maybe you should reconsider this profession if it's a desperate change of pace and can't wait longer to be in a better situation.

Jun 7, 15 4:03 pm  · 
 · 
tomahawks_619

I go to Pratt , yes the first semester is very parametric and the school is very formalist but in the end its what you make out of it . The school does offer non parametric classes and non parametric studios .

I only had 1 parametric studio in my 2 years in this school, also the school is well connected which gives you a good chance to get a job in the city. 

Overall its your call but Pratt isn't bad but yes its very formal and very software oriented

Jun 8, 15 12:32 am  · 
 · 
dsze

Don't go!

you learn computer software at vocational training school (without a degree) not at a master class. You'll just end up as a grasshopper monkey which is no difference to CAD monkey. What you should learn is history and theory, design skill, technical skill and management skill which make you an Architect not a monkey.

Jun 8, 15 5:30 am  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: