Archinect
anchor

exit stairs and pressurization system

amrsaad10

i;am an architect working now at the design of new apartment building in KSA , my question is related to codes & standards , should we add a pressurized duct shaft with fan to exit stairs connect more than 4 stories for the purpose of smoke control system .

kindly be noted that i'am asking about pressurization duct shaft not pressurization with top fan , as adding a shaft beside the stair shall affect the architectural design .

thanks

Jun 6, 15 12:46 pm
midlander

do you know what the code being used is? I've never done work in Saudi Arabia so can't really say. Where I'm working it would be required in any non-residential occupancy building over 24m. It wouldn't be required in a residential building, but vestibules and stairwell ventilation (usually windows) would be.

Jun 6, 15 9:49 pm  · 
 · 
Non Sequitur
So Saudi Arabia has building codes advanced enough to recognize the need for stair pressurization but yet ignore basic human rights for over half it's population?

Must be a great place to work.
Jun 7, 15 2:08 pm  · 
 · 
natematt

I think we typically use the IBC in our Saudi Arabian projects. They don't seem to be held to as strict of an interpretation though...

Jun 8, 15 2:54 am  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: