Archinect
anchor

Looking for suggestions for my thesis topic

ejohnbryan18

I'm an incoming 5th yr student and my thesis proposal is about "animation". I want to create a space that will train and educate people about animation . Designing a studio as well as a learning institute for animation . Is it a good and interesting topic? 

Thanks in advance for those who will aswer. :)

May 29, 15 7:35 am
Non Sequitur

That's not a thesis topic.

Thesis topics ask questions... which hopefully you answer with a project. What you have above is just a project... without any real point. Sure, a school/centre could teach animation, but there is little other discussion to be had.

May 29, 15 8:00 am  · 
 · 
ejohnbryan18

I got your point thanks....but still I want to stick into this topic

Now, I'm a liitle bit confuse on how I can pursue this topic

Thank you:)

May 29, 15 8:31 am  · 
 · 
chigurh

good work, now you can just do a meaningless project (not thesis) like everybody else.  

May 29, 15 8:54 am  · 
 · 

Looking for suggestions? Learn to recognize good advice.

Here's some more: don't keep posting the same question until you get the answer you want. 

May 29, 15 9:02 am  · 
 · 
midlander

bob stern designed the disney animation studios in burbank back in the old days. you should look at that and/or copy it. it's kind of tacky and no one would remember it anymore.

is the topic interesting? only if you have some interesting point to study in doing this. i imagine the change to digital animation has had a big impact on the kind of workspaces needed which would be good to get into as a real-world understanding of architectural planning.

on the more metaphysical level, you could research how the transformation of animation studios from workshops of skilled animators into digital production centers parallels the changes in architectural production as revit and modelling software kill off the need for fancy drafting and study models.

i think that aspect would be fun actually, and potentially ruffle some feathers which is what a thesis should do. if you have some slant to your work like that, then its a thesis. otherwise, just a fifth-year final project...

May 29, 15 10:07 am  · 
 · 
aacer

Hi all, I am working on my master of architecture thesis, but i need some topics to search about, ...... i am searching for Landscape/ urban design issues... do you have any suggestions ?

May 4, 16 11:56 am  · 
 · 
aacer

Hi all, I am working on my master of architecture thesis, but i need some topics to search about, ...... i am searching for Landscape/ urban design issues... do you have any suggestions ?

May 4, 16 11:57 am  · 
 · 
citizen

Suggestion #1: read and think about the earlier entries in this thread.

May 4, 16 12:58 pm  · 
 · 
archanonymous

architectural implications of grilled cheese.

May 4, 16 1:10 pm  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: