Archinect
anchor

because sometimes karma can be good....

put this story into the 'best feel good story on archinect' this year....

four years ago, in one of the seemingly endless 'this school vs. that school' threads, someone asked about carnegie mellon vs. auburn

my advice, as the first one to wade in (but by no means was my opinion alone) was to give auburn a really high level of consideration. by the end of that month, the OP had indicated his son had chosen auburn in the end. 

flash forward to today: i just finished teaching that son in my fourth year studio at Auburn last semester, a fact neither of us figured out the whole time (but the dad did after seeing my name today). i think he chose well indeed...

small, small world it is...

May 19, 15 7:50 pm
SneakyPete

That's pretty awesome.

May 19, 15 8:08 pm  · 
 · 
Non Sequitur

Gregory, nice feel good story.

I have a similar one dating back to last spring when a anonymous archinect member reached out to me about entrance interviews and portfolios for Canada's top undergraduate school. After a dozen or so emails over the next few months, I wished this person good luck having dished out all my knowledge.

I heard back 2 weeks ago and this ambitious high-school kid was accepted. It's one thing poke fun at the various uncertain one-post-wonders that pop-in for a quick answer but you can't help but feel you've done something good when one members asks the right questions.

May 19, 15 8:46 pm  · 
 · 

That's not karma, it's synchronicity.

May 19, 15 8:59 pm  · 
 · 
awaiting_deletion

nice Gregory....is Auburn going to cut you a commission for recruiting?  my buddy does recruiting, it's good money at top notch programs by the way...

the guy on the left dressed up as Captain Dick C. Normous ended up my student a few years later....I'm in that pic as well....process of elimination...

May 19, 15 9:02 pm  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: