Archinect
anchor

THESIS PROPOSAL! NEED HELP

archjanzen

Hi guys!

My project is “PROPOSED FITNESS AND TRAINING FACILITIES FOR ATHLETES WITH PHYSICAL DISABILITIES”, and I need your advice and suggestion regarding to my topic. I need Research Focus that can tackled three of these GREEN ARCHITECTURE, SUSTAINABLE ARCHITECTURE, DISASTER-RESILIENT, AND ECO-TOURISM. Is there anyone else can give me some idea about it?

THANKS IN ADVANCE :)

May 7, 15 5:13 pm
Non Sequitur

This is not a thesis and copy-pasting your studio's syllabus into a web forum will not help regardless of your use of bold and uppercase formatting.

May 7, 15 5:43 pm  · 
 · 
Revolt+Remember

Why does a thesis need to beholden to these categories? This is an opportunity to explore what you are interested in, not what random people type offhand into a comment box. Do your work.

May 8, 15 11:15 pm  · 
 · 
midlander

OK I've got an idea: I'm picturing a room full of disabled persons who are using whatever limbs they have to bike / row / spin generators that provide power for pumping floodwaters out of disaster areas and into a filtration system that purifies the water to irrigate a vegetable garden growing on the roof. An attached restaurant (staffed by disabled athletes on their days off from power generation) catering to tourists serves authentic but luxury-priced local-cuisine dishes using the crops from the roof garden, and the profits are re-invested into a retirement fund for disabled athletes.

Do you need a sketch of this?

On a more serious note: you need focus. A thesis is a chance to study something which hasn't been done that you can learn from. What exactly are you hoping to learn by designing a facility for disabled athletes? What kinds of disabilities? What kinds of athletes? And why would ordinary athletic facilities be insufficient for them? The green stuff is BS which only distracts from your topic - if your university requires it that's a shame.

May 9, 15 4:16 am  · 
 · 
anonitect

I think that a facility for para-athletes could be a great thesis topic. 

The "green stuff" isn't BS, but it shouldn't be the main topic. It should be as integrated into the project as structure and life safety are - a basic requirement for new construction. I don't know what in the hell eco-tourism has to do with your project, though.

Sounds like you need to start doing some serious research. Find precedents, talk to profs. and recent grads, etc. Good luck.

May 9, 15 12:50 pm  · 
 · 
placebeyondthesplines

Once again, this is not a thesis, and once again, we're not going to do your research for you.

So fucking lazy.

May 9, 15 10:24 pm  · 
 · 
boy in a well

have you been watching Black Mirror, mid?

May 9, 15 11:13 pm  · 
 · 
toosaturated

what's the difference between sustainable and green architecture? 

May 12, 15 2:35 pm  · 
 · 
senjohnblutarsky

I think this is green architecture.  It may be turquoise.

May 12, 15 5:16 pm  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: