Archinect
anchor

Housing help Virginia Tech Blacksburg VA

Thirteeneven09
I was recently accepted to M.Arch 2 program at Virginia Tech in Blacksburg VA. I am now going through the fun task of finding an apartment to live in. I reside in Florida so I know nothing of the area other than a campus visit. I was hoping to get some suggestions from the community on what's a good place to look into or where other architecture students live. Thanks for the help.

May 4, 15 6:04 pm
senjohnblutarsky

There is no one place architecture students live.  Blacksburg is full of apartments.  You just need to decide what your primary mode of transportation is going to be and how close you want to be to campus.

May 5, 15 11:27 am  · 
 · 
@senjohnblutarsky
Thanks for the response. I guessed that everyone would probably be spread out throughout the city. I guess I should have said is there any recommendations from architecture students in the area on where to live on the basis of proximity to studio or other class functions. Just wanted to get an idea of people's opinion on living arrangements from students who have the same schedule and life as I will soon have.I plan on biking or riding the bus to school as much as possible.
Thanks
May 5, 15 3:45 pm  · 
 · 
Arch-enthusiast

Hi Joshua, 

Congratulations on your acceptance! 
I got accepted to the M.Arch 2 program as well. I'm an international student so i dunno much. I've spoken to a few seniors and most of them stay in University terrace, Terrace view apartments, Chasewood downs and Shawnee apartments. These are very close to the bus stop. 

Good luck!  :) 

May 7, 15 6:00 am  · 
 · 
Thanks arch-enthusiast, that's very helpful. Congrats as well on your acceptance.
May 7, 15 6:30 am  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: