Archinect
anchor

Job opportunities after M.arch at Sci-arc

lokeshjb

Hi, I am international student accepted for the M.Arch (Option 2) program at Sci-arc. I would like to hear about the job opportunities after course completion from Sci-arc alumni and current students. Thanks in advance!

May 2, 15 10:37 am
Sci arc doesn't concern itself with making you employable, meaning that your portfolio will not be as sellable to an office once you're done. The curriculum and the faculty are more concerned with exploration/ experimentation. What Sci arc does provide is greater exposure to starchitects. some people get job offers from a hot shot sitting in on the jury of your thesis. Some people get really good internship opportunities with faculty that help with jobs later on. If you are interested in being in academics, Sciarc will provide the opportunities provided you prove your worth. But if the corporate rout is more of your thing, then there are plenty other schools (and far less expensive ones) that will serve you better.
May 2, 15 6:48 pm  · 
 · 
sameolddoctor

The above poster is wrong. Completely wrong about the portfolio. It is what you make of it.

I work in a corporate firm, and the best young designers in the firm are all SciARC graduates. (Disclaimer - I am not)

The one thing I will say is that sciarc will get you in the door of most firms in LA - Small or Big, but might be a bit problematic on the East Coast.

It depends on what you want to do.

May 3, 15 12:14 am  · 
 · 
natematt

Your opportunities will be pretty much the same as anyone else on the west coast.

May 3, 15 12:39 am  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: