Archinect
anchor

B.Arch at McGill vs U of T

otooleeddy

Hi there! I'm currently in the deliberation stage of choosing which university I should go to for their architecture program. I've been accepted to U of T, and I'm waiting to hear back from McGill. I currently live in Newfoundland and excel in arts mildly more than arithmetic studies. It'd be great of people had pro's or con's into either of the programs, cities, etc.I know to vague idea of each as U of T's is under the faculty of Art, and McGill under engineering. I've also been to Montreal twice and loved the city, but have never been to Toronto. Anyways, basically any insight I can get on the situation would be much appreciated. Thanks!

Apr 27, 15 11:08 am
Lian Chikako Chang

Hey! This data doesn't directly answer your question, but will shed some light on the various Canadian schools of architecture:

http://www.acsa-arch.org/resources/data-resources/canadian-schools

Apr 27, 15 11:10 am  · 
 · 
Non Sequitur

Is this for undergrad or masters?

If this is for undergraduate studies, do NOT consider U of T, it is not an architecture degree, just a glorified gen-arts. McGill is on par with Waterloo for the top Canadian schools for architecture. This is a no-brainer.

Apr 27, 15 11:23 am  · 
 · 
Brud-G

The girls are hotter in Montreal

Apr 27, 15 3:23 pm  · 
 · 
arch1997c

@Brud-G LOL... funny stuff

@otooleeddy  Nevertheless, go for McGill. I think the program is REALLY selective (even more selective than Waterloo) I heard they only get 10-20 people out of Quebec due to their province reservation thing... 

UoT's undergrad for arch is generally revered as bad, and McGill's program, even though you don't start your architectural studies in first year, is probably one of the better schools in Canada. 

Apr 28, 15 2:39 am  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: