Archinect
anchor

Plexiglass Stacking Model Advice

I have small 1/8 plexiglass pieces that my professor wants me to stack, what's the best glue/solvent to hold them together if I have to glue them face to face, because acrylic cement I have now left small bubbles that make wme wanna scream.

Apr 24, 15 6:38 pm
JLC-1

Acetone. But very carefully, it melts the plexiglass, use a syringe needle.

Apr 24, 15 6:44 pm  · 
 · 

You might consider an opaque spacer joint.

Apr 24, 15 8:40 pm  · 
 · 
MyDream

It is acrylic cement, superglue doesn't work Elmer's glue doesn't work it is a bitch trying to get two pieces of acrylic to stick Acrylic cement. I have a final model that requires acrylic, basswood sticks and wire I'm hoping for a B.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hT6Ow_cBTps

Here's a video if you want to watch

Apr 24, 15 9:52 pm  · 
 · 
Carrera

Don't know, built a lot things layering clear Plexiglas, there is a specific cement for that, that is clear with the consistency of water, applied it to both surfaces, press together with a slight twist then clamped... made big blocks this way and layers were invisible. Acetone is a solvent for removing adhesive, only thing that cuts silicone.

Apr 24, 15 11:25 pm  · 
 · 
mugged
There is this stuff called plastruct plastic weld that work well for it. Place the two pieces of acrylic together, brush it along the outer edge and it fuses them together. Think it's the same stuff carrera is referring too.
Apr 25, 15 3:30 am  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: