Archinect
anchor

Architecture Bidding Platform. your views?

so a person i know was working on a startup for architectural bidding. I was a little skeptic about it ,but after some thought it seemed to make sense.

Essentially anyone who wants to design something, can post it on this platform, and architecture firms would make a pricebid (with some design proposal). Firm would have profiles with their portfolio,reviews and recommendations( he is signing up firms at a good pace). So the clients can choose whether to go with a cheap inexperienced person or pricey star-architect.

Benefits, for client

- Client get more option and design solutions.

- more visibility,

For architecture firms

- They don't have to hunt for projects using their networks and contacts.

- More 

- More opportunities for small players,

Would it create a price war , with clients going for the cheapest?

Currently people hire architects on based on personal referrals. In today's world, Isn't it fair that every project get that level of exposure?

Apr 23, 15 10:08 pm
JeromeS

More importantly, when can I get a crowd-source platform for health care? I would like THIS to provide me with more choices and lower prices....

Apr 23, 15 10:33 pm  · 
 · 
shellarchitect

i think elance is something like this - i thought about signing up but the prices seem so low they weren't worthwhile.  you'd have to filter out the incompetent willing to work for $5

Apr 23, 15 10:43 pm  · 
 · 
Nithish Monson's comment has been hidden

@shuellmi..

elance is a cheap way to source from the third world, but this would be more locally sourced.

Say the project is in chicago, it would be visible to architects in that area( as you would need site visits, and client meetings) . It would constitute of registered architects and genuine firms, whose information are verified.

@Jeromes , i think  www.medibid.com  is such a platform for healthcare..

Apr 23, 15 11:05 pm  · 
 · 
Carrera

Well something is needed, the cost of going after significant work is prohibitive, but something like this could backslide into "bidding".... profession has fought for decades for merit based awards... don't see lawyers or doctors bidding.... this plays right into developers hands, my vote is no, unless fee is excluded.

Apr 23, 15 11:23 pm  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: