Archinect
anchor

Scaling in Rhino, but maintaining saved/named views

merp

Hi!

I was having trouble with the make-2d command, due to the level of detail in my model. To solve this, I scaled the model x5 and the lines turned out to be much more crisp and connected.

The issue is that I have already rendered and edited the view for final presentation, and the last thing to do was to add the wireframe linework on top. Now that I have scaled the model x5, the saved view that I used in my render (originally 1/5 the size of the current model) no longer matches the view/camera location.

Is there any way to adjust the settings of saved views to scale the camera with the model?

Any advice would be great!

Thanks so much.

Apr 22, 15 6:52 pm
lukeggg

scale the geometry from the camera focus point, then move the camera away 5x further than it was before. ex: camera origin (Camera) is at x: 5 y:2 z:1 and camera focus (Target) is 0,0,0. scale the geometry from the 0,0,0 point, and move the camera to 25,10,5. You can type in the properties directly into the viewport properties panel.

Apr 22, 15 9:20 pm  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: