Archinect
anchor

It looks like a...

BulgarBlogger

I read CNN kind of religiously and went on the website yesterdy and noticed an article titled, "What are some of the world's coolest new buildings?'

The title is fine, but gosh- I could't get over some of the descriptions...

Why do people have to make buildings objects look LIKE something... Why do we, as designers/architects operate referentially? Why can't we build something that is UNLIKE something... 

Designed by 3XN, this stunning aquarium was Inspired by the shape of natural whirlpools, water streams, shoals of fish and flocks of birds. It was completed in 2013.

Why be so literal??

Apr 21, 15 7:45 pm
x-jla

yeah that annoys me too.  A well known architect once walked me through his well known building and literaly every fuckin detail was a reference to some unrelated thing...I actually went in loving the building and left hating it just because of the dumb references. 

Apr 21, 15 7:57 pm  · 
 · 
TIQM

If a building is UNLIKE one thing, the chances are that it is LIKE another thing.  For example, a building could look UNLIKE a stadium, but look LIKE a vagina.  Humans are inclined by their nature to recognize type.

Apr 21, 15 8:24 pm  · 
 · 

I read CNN kind of religiously

Why on earth would you do that?!

Apr 21, 15 8:42 pm  · 
 · 

I don't care about the news on any specific channel/TV or cable network because they are all sh-t heads.

Apr 21, 15 8:54 pm  · 
 · 
SneakyPete

I'll just leave this here.

Apr 22, 15 2:34 pm  · 
 · 
Carrera

Or leave it more precisely here….what rhymes with Gherkin? 

Maybe that “sublime inspiration” Miles talks about came from this…..

Apr 22, 15 5:41 pm  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: