Archinect
anchor

Solar Farm Drawings

Hello,

I'm a construction management student doing my thesis proposal and I need to select a project to schedule and estimate.  I want to do a solar farm as that's the career path I want to follow. 

Where would I be able to get construction documents for a solar farm?

I tried getting docs for the California Valley Solar Ranch but it proved too difficult since it was a privately owned project. 

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Regards,

Zachary De Freitas

Apr 21, 15 7:24 pm
JeromeS

Thread hijacking...

Without subsidies, do solar farms REALLY make any sense.  Environtment/Land Use aside; Is there any real ROI?  Solyndra, et al...

Apr 22, 15 12:15 pm  · 
 · 
Non Sequitur

JeromeS, but can you really put a price tag on the illusion of sustainability?

Apr 22, 15 12:22 pm  · 
 · 
JLC-1

Ask Elon

Apr 22, 15 12:36 pm  · 
 · 
JLC-1

Zach, try some of the colorado coops that are putting up farms, they might be more willing to share.

Apr 22, 15 1:34 pm  · 
 · 
toosaturated

Not at the moment but eventually it will as other sources of energy becomes more expensive and solar efficiency increases. I do question if allocating land for the sole purpose of solar collection a viable solution. Maybe we should just keep them to rooftops and put the land to better use. 

Also to OP, wouldn't the construction doc just be an array of solar panels and maybe some electrical drawings.? And perhaps some structural drawings if they had some? I would assume you can find some shop drawings from the manufacturer's website or maybe you can give them a call.

Apr 22, 15 1:40 pm  · 
 · 
JLC-1

^Land? you mean desert. dirt. Yes, it would be pretty stupid to use ag land, maybe that's why nobody is doing it.

Apr 22, 15 1:52 pm  · 
 · 
JLC-1

http://www.businesswire.com/news/home/20081030005251/en/Wm.-Bolthouse-Farms-Unveils-1.9-Megawatt-Solar#.VTff-SFVhBc

This is cool, placing the solar arrays where irrigation doesn't reach.

Apr 22, 15 1:53 pm  · 
 · 
toosaturated

I'm talking about a small footprint approach. Just because its open land, desert or sea doesn't mean it should be covered with pv panels...

Apr 22, 15 2:49 pm  · 
 · 
JLC-1

Yes, roofs too, and again, Mr Piano is a reference

http://curbed.com/archives/2015/03/26/france-law-green-roofs.php

Apr 22, 15 3:16 pm  · 
 · 
JeromeS

Here in New Jersey, the Garden State,  we have acres and acres of Ag land being covered by solar fields.

Apr 22, 15 3:34 pm  · 
 · 

Thank you guys, following up on some leads now.

May 6, 15 2:57 pm  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: