Archinect
anchor

Architecture- Uni of Toronto or Uni of Waterloo?

aws123

Which university is the best university in the field of architecture and why?

Apr 20, 15 11:09 am
Non Sequitur

Waterloo. No contest... even more if for undergrad.

Apr 20, 15 11:19 am  · 
 · 
Bench

^ ^ Disregard that comment. It is engineering-specific and holds no relevance to their respective architecture schools. And if you didnt figure it out, its a bot.

Apr 23, 15 3:25 pm  · 
 · 
aws123

so Waterloo isn't as good?

Apr 24, 15 12:31 am  · 
 · 
CD.Arch
NS isn't a bot, he's actually a regular here, who is an architect (not an engineer) so his advice is more than valid.
Apr 24, 15 12:57 am  · 
 · 
clairemk

Did my undergrad at Waterloo, which is better (the co-op program is amazing, and UofT doesn't have a real architecture undergrad). But I personally think that UofT has a better masters program (better faculty, better resources, better connections, plus you don't have to be stuck in yucky Cambridge). They're just different. Don't be lazy though, do your research. What are you looking for in a school?

Apr 24, 15 1:46 am  · 
 · 
aws123

I am just looking for a good university with a good reputation that would best prepare me to become an architect, so I actually have no idea as each one has its own advantages and disadvantages. I just thought it's be better to ask the opinions of other people and see what they have on the matter.

Apr 24, 15 3:57 am  · 
 · 
Non Sequitur
Thanks for the backup Cd.arch but Ben flagged a post that was promptly deleted, his comment was not at me.

ClaireMk, UofT's masters is a glorified 4th year design studio with little professional practice. Sure, the big city has it's sex appeal but that's rather subjective.

AWS, you'd be a fool to pass up on Canada's best, and most demanding, undergrad. Hardly any of those who apply to loo make it in. You'll have plenty of time to pick a grad school later.
Apr 24, 15 6:48 am  · 
 · 
aws123

Alright, Thank you NS

Apr 24, 15 7:11 am  · 
 · 
arch1997c

Go for Waterloo!

Are you applying for undergrad, or grad? Did you get your acceptances yet?

Apr 25, 15 3:09 pm  · 
 · 
Lian Chikako Chang

Hey! Just checking in to let you know about this 'vital statistics on Canadian schools of architecture' feature that we did at the ACSA recently. It'll give you a few points of comparison.

http://www.acsa-arch.org/resources/data-resources/canadian-schools

Apr 27, 15 11:20 am  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: