Archinect
anchor

M.Arch with Interior Design focus

Sbeth85

Hi all-

Do any of you guys know accredited M.Arch programs with an Interior Design focus that will teach my skills that'll be applicable in the work force moreso than in academia?

I have an architectural technologist background + 2 years working experience in architecture and am considering applying to M.Arch (pre-professional) programs, hopefully with advanced standing that'll cut it down to 2 years. I'd prefer to do a program focused more in Interior Design, but having read many of your comments, I understand that if I'm going to grad school I might as well aim to get into an accredited M.Arch program that'll give me more architectural autonomy than having an MA or MFA in Interior Design. Another concern I have is that (at the moment), I'm not interested in parametric design or biomimicry and things like that (though I find it interesting); I want to learn the skills I need to be a good designer in practice, not in theory.

The only program I've seen that has this focus is the School of the Art Institute of Chicago, that has an M.Arch with an Interior Design focus. However, having researched the school, it seems that since it's newly accredited it doesn't have a firm design approach and is also heavy on the artistic side as opposed to the practical side.

So- M.Arch program + Interior Design focus + Practical Teaching + Hopefully a school with a good reputation. Anyone?

Any tips appreciated!

Apr 19, 15 9:02 am
Beepbeep

School of the Art Institute Chicago (SAIC)

http://www.saic.edu/academics/graduatedegrees/minarc/

It is a really great Art school.

Apr 19, 15 10:16 am  · 
 · 
Sbeth85

Beep Beep- thank you, but I mentioned that in my original post. I'd like to hear about other options. Anyone?

Apr 20, 15 5:23 am  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: