Archinect
anchor

UIUC or NC STATE ?????

nehaprane

-Guys got one more acceptance!! --NC State College of Design!

-Could anyone throw some light on the architecture program here. If anyone is pursuing architecture education at the NC State please come forward and discuss their experiences.

-I am confused at UIUC has a better overall ranking as compared to NC State, whereas NC State ranks better in architecture ranking

- I have found this website http://architecture-schools.startclass.com/ has anyone reffered to this website and how much should I really base my decision on this website???????

- I really like the Architecture Studios and the Temple Hoyne Buell Hall at UIUC, no other architecture building in my kitty compares to that i feel. How much does this really affect the experience of the course??

-Also Raleigh I have heard is an amazing place to llive in as compared to Urbana-Champaign as its a city and the famous Research Triangle at NC State with UNC Chapel Hill and Durham also sound like an interesting factor that would add to my graduate studies.

Apr 18, 15 11:33 am

You mean NCSU? There was a good school-blog... I looked into it, for graduate school.

Apr 19, 15 10:32 pm  · 
 · 
nehaprane

Yes I meant NCSU

Apr 20, 15 12:14 am  · 
 · 
natematt

I know a few people who did grad school at NCSU. They seemed to think it was a decent school, super pragmatic though. It is also a fairly small school, so the options for professors and whatnot are limited.

Apr 20, 15 1:52 am  · 
 · 
nehaprane

@natematt

ohh okay so would happen to know anything about UIUC?? Are u a graduate student as well or have u graduated already?

Apr 20, 15 2:06 am  · 
 · 
natematt

Nope.Though the one thing someone wrote on that website about UIUC was that it was also very technical.  If you look at student work you should be able to tell for sure. It is much bigger though.

I graduated a couple years ago, from a different school.

Apr 22, 15 10:03 am  · 
 · 
Driko
The website you linked us with isn't really reliable since their rankings don't seem to change. It also looks user based where DI uses various sources. They have UCLA in the bottom hundred.

I would go with UIUC. I personally haven't heard anything about NCSU. UIUC has a few area of specialization that include design, detail+fabrication, history, and structures. With the stuctures option you can also sit for the engibeering exam to be lisenced in the Midwest.
Apr 22, 15 11:05 am  · 
 · 
nehaprane

Driko

Thanks alot!!! I really needed to know about that website, because I think I was relying on it a bit too much.  Though I am not too inclined towards structures, which is why I am even thinking twice.  Even I think UIUC is a better option, I have accepted it already!!

Thanks alot everyone for the responses!

Apr 22, 15 1:56 pm  · 
 · 
Driko
Oh hah yeah it's nice to just have that option. Awesome, you'll love it!
Apr 22, 15 3:14 pm  · 
 · 
natematt

^to be fair to the website, it's giving some nice information, and just making statements based on that. Which does speak to the school in one way or another. Of course it's data accuracy is hard to check.

It doesn't really speak to the nature of the program though.

Apr 23, 15 12:36 am  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: