Archinect
anchor

Pitcrit: a project to archive/share all student work

sungwoozle

Hello Archinect community,

I wanted to share with everyone a project I have been working on in the past couple months. You can find it here. http://pitcrit.com

Pitcrit aims to bring together all student architectural projects around the world to a single platform. Rather than to celebrate a new star, the goal is to look at our work as a collective. It is our mission to provide ourselves with a venue to re-evaluate the work we have created and create a reliable database that we can utilize as a reference.

Instead of a formal venue for a final reviews, we aspire to be a space of informal crits: a pin-up board where conversations are sustained. So we encourage all visitors to comment and ask questions.

We invite everyone to share their projects and discuss others’ work. By doing so, we are giving our projects a second life beyond their portfolio pages.

Apr 14, 15 12:41 pm
Henri.D

I always thought a resource like this would invaluable to get a sense of what work was being done in a variety of schools and to show what kind of deign principals are prioritized at different institutions.

Furthermore, after a quick peruse I think this is particularly inspiring for different styles of graphics and communication.

Maybe further along down the track you could integrate an 'in progress' section to use the collective of commentators and contributors as collaborators?  

Either way, good on you for making it happen!

Apr 16, 15 5:30 am  · 
 · 
awaiting_deletion

Good work....looks good on a smart phone too.

Apr 16, 15 7:58 am  · 
 · 
sungwoozle

@Henri.D

Yes, I think 'in progress' is something we would love to include in the near future. It'd work better once we switched to a member system where people would be more in control of the projects they upload. As for now, we need more students/professionals from different years and schools to share their work.

Apr 16, 15 11:09 pm  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: