Archinect
anchor

Don't know which college to join !

Hi I'm an International Student who's got admitted into many Undergrad B Arch program for Fall 2015. Admitted into Pratt, Sci Arc, Calpoly, USC (spring 2016),Syracuse (with scholarship of $50,000 total for 5 yrs) IIT (with scholarship of $100,000 total for 5 yrs) Virginia Tech and Iowa State. I need some guidance to help me choose the right college. Looking forward to your inputs Tks !

Apr 12, 15 11:43 pm
BR.TN

Cal Poly and Virginia Tech are your two best programs out of that bunch.

If you go to Cal Poly you will have connections and prospective employers all along the US's western coastline.

If you go to Virginia Tech you will have connections and prospective employers in Chicago, Washington DC, and Virginia (and vague connections to the surrounding areas).

Syracuse is your third best program on that list.

Apr 13, 15 2:07 pm  · 
 · 
ROB4

I would say that depending on the which Cal Poly your accepted to would make a difference. Cal Poly Slo is more renowned compared to Cal Poly pomona. 

Based on Faculty and relevancy, I would go with

Cal Poly SLO, more technical but solid program, highly employable and workforce ready 

Syracuse- lots of new exciting faculty and new direction under Speaks. Take that money 

SCI-Arc, not a university but they have some awesome faculty and facilities. 

USC- historically solid undergrad program, have both the technical and design side, on a nice campus but in crappy area of LA . Trojan network= jobs 

Virginia Tech- not even relevant these days, whats even going on there? 

IIT- nice money you got there, but the school is stuck in the ice age. 

Apr 14, 15 12:51 am  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: