Archinect
anchor

summer internship or career discovery?

Laswell

Hello, I am planning to apply for my m.arch 1 for fall 2016 admission, and was hoping to get some advice here. Basically, I want to do what I can to optimize my chances of admission. I was considering participating in the GSD Career Discovery program this summer, that is, until I was offered a summer internship with a planning firm located in the same city as the grad program I want to attend. For the purposes of admission, does it make more sense to get the work experience with the preservation/adaptive reuse firm, or do career discovery? I should mention that adaptive reuse is something I plan to focus on throughout the duration of my m.arch. Thanks for the input.

Apr 10, 15 1:44 pm
akshit.gupta.372

Hi! Just got accepted in the career discovery program (2015). What should be the best way to develop a portfolio: the GSD summer school, work experience with an architect, or a research internship under a professor ?

I am going to graduate this June '15, with a civil engineering bachelor's degree (with no design background, just some experience with BIM). I will be applying for M.Arch 1 for Fall 2016.

Thanks!

Apr 23, 15 12:59 am  · 
 · 
bmedi

Work experience won't help your portfolio really...

Apr 23, 15 1:33 am  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: