Archinect
anchor

scad?

interiordesignit

I justttt got accepted to SCAD for interior design! 

However, could I still get a masters in Interior aRchitecture? I don'y want to pass up my opportunity to attend scad..(Best school of all schools that I have applied to)

thanks yall

Apr 8, 15 7:55 pm
ArchNyen

Interior design and interior architecture is the same thing. Some school use "architecture" to make the field/program seem important.

and of course you can get a masters in interior architecture, even my pet monkey can. just gotta put your mind to it.

Apr 8, 15 9:34 pm  · 
 · 
interiordesignit

Great! Thanks for your help!

Apr 9, 15 4:44 pm  · 
 · 
Sbeth85

interiordesignit-

I've been looking into this myself (SCAD, specifically). Are you doing their 1-year MA in Interior Design or 2-year MFA in Interior Design?

Something to consider- is that if you're already going back to school, perhaps consider doing an M.Arch. If you have a background in architecture or interior design it'll probably take 2 years (depending if they give you advanced standing). As an architect you have much more authority than as an interior designer.

Just my 2 cents. 

Apr 15, 15 8:10 am  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: