Archinect
anchor

Views on Virginia tech architecture program?

Arch-enthusiast

Hi, I'm a master of architecture applicant for the academic year beginning fall 2015. I applied to a few colleges this year for master of architecture NAAB accredited courses. I have almost finalised on Virginia Tech, Blacksburg campus (very excited!!!)

I would really appreciate if anyone who has studied at Virginia tech or knows anyone who has could tell me more regarding the college, it's curriculum and the job opportunities after the course. 

So far I've only heard good things about the college and it's reputation. 

I would appreciate any information you guys can provide me on this. 

Thanks so much! :) 

Apr 7, 15 9:40 am
senjohnblutarsky

I went through undergrad but had interactions with various professors in the graduate program.  Can't think of anything bad to say.  You can kind of pick the type of study you want by selecting professors.  Some go with a more theoretical approach, others more pragmatic.  There are several the provide a good mix.  As far as the facilities, the other classes and the like... I think they're awesome. 

If you get a chance, take Bill Green's History of Industrial Design classes.  It's just a one day/week lecture, but it is pretty awesome.

Apr 7, 15 9:49 am  · 
 · 
Arch-enthusiast

Hey senjohnblutarsky,

Thank you so much for your response. I'll definitely try and take those classes :) 

Apr 13, 15 1:31 pm  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: