Archinect
anchor

Columbia MS.CCCP or Harvard MDes

jo0318

Anyone here has any experience with these two programs? Could I have some insights please? Am currently deciding between the two offers.

Columbia's MS. CCCP  seems to have better industry links to the cultural institutions in NYC as well as a programme that seems more structured to the study of alternative practices of architecture. Harvard's MDes seems to be more open-ended and also allows courses outside the school with links to MIT and other programmes in the university, and by inference, better prospects for academia. Plus at 1.5 years, alot less student debt incurred compared to the double whammy of NYC living costs and 2 full year school fees at Columbia. Plus Harvard seems more generous with financial aid for international students.

If anyone has any thoughts to share I'd be most grateful!

Apr 1, 15 12:56 pm
david_lisbon

I think that the academic accessibility that Harvard offers is certainly better than that of Columbia. If you plan on trying to work in New York exclusively Columbia may be a better option. 

However, you are simply picking between the best and second best schools for this practice. Harvard seems better. Either way both great programs, good luck!

Apr 10, 18 1:37 pm  · 
 · 
randomised

Apr 10, 18 2:20 pm  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: