Archinect
anchor

Amature about magnesium oxide wallboard.

m2michael23

Hi everybody, I am new to the building industry. I've read some research that saying Magnesium Oxide wallboard is the new building materials to replace gysum, wood, and sheetrock. Is that true in the United States? I don't see this product is being widely used yet. Please share some your story of MgO board. Gladly appreciated! 

Mar 31, 15 1:47 pm
GoodEarthSales

MGO board was introduced about 15 years ago but it was not at a good time in the construction industry.  Since then you may agree building has rebounded.  But with that is also an enormous influx of alternative building materials, MGO board being one of them.

The greatest problem that faces almost every mgo board but one is that they are all sourced and/or manufactured in China, which right now has a big black mark on it for the disaster created by their inferior sheetrock product.  And builders should be wary.

That said, yes, MGO wallboard is up and coming but again with any new product until it catches on it is difficult to source and can be expensive.  However, it does solve a myriad of issues in construction from fire protection, flood protection, mold/mildew, and interestingly MGO board - at least the one i am most familiar with - Foreverboard - absorbs Co2 - for better air quality.  The greatest point to this product is that it is SOURCED AND MANUFACTURED in the USA.  It is the only one that is.  

So, if anybody is interested in trying this product, I believe it would satisfy many of your objectives, residential and commercial.

Good Luck

Jun 17, 15 9:53 pm  · 
 · 
Non Sequitur

These spam bots are getting more clever.

Jun 18, 15 8:18 am  · 
 · 
JLC-1

amature.... sounds like dr strangelove...from chaina wit lov.

Jun 18, 15 9:49 am  · 
 · 

As long as the magnesium doesn't ignite.

Then you have a big problem.

Jun 18, 15 4:40 pm  · 
 · 
JeromeS

As it has already Oxidized that's highly unlikely...

Jun 18, 15 9:20 pm  · 
 · 

Ok... It's burnt magnesium. Good. That comforts my concerns.

Jun 19, 15 2:31 am  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: