Archinect
anchor

GSAPP or CCNY?

lastudent

Hi all,

My background is in landscape architecture, where I hold a bachelor's degree from the University of Copenhagen in Denmark. I have always wanted to move to the States, and especially the east coast, and therefore I have begun to look at graduate degrees in landscape architecture/architecture/urban planning from both CCNY and Columbia GSAPP. 

I've read several threads addressing more or less the same issue, and I am surprised at how many of you seem to valuate these two schools as very equal and of the same quality. How is it that one of them is about three times as expensive as the other? It seems to me that GSAPP must offer something that you don't get at CCNY. I would be thankful if any of you could shed a light on that for me. 

If anyone of you are feeling extra helpful today, I also have another question: as a Scandinavian, the American education system seems very complicated to me. I cannot figure out how the different degrees correspond to the 3-year bachelor and 2-year master they offer at all schools and universities here. For instance, CCNY only offers a Master's (and not a Bachelor's) degree in landscape architecture, which is 4 years. Is this then ment to be the entire degree, or does it make sense for me to apply for that program when I already have a 3-year bachelor in landscape architecture? Some of the courses seem a bit introductory.

Thank you very much in advance for any help!

Best

Kim  

Mar 30, 15 4:20 pm

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: