Archinect
anchor

After Graduation Learning

Dear all,
I am an architect that graduated from middle east, with a little more than basic skills in architecture, and as I watched the projects and the technicalities in this website, I have come to a conclusion that I know next to nothing about architecture the way it is trending.

I started working at a small office, and comparing to architects there I did not find myself that bad, but I am desperate to be in the same level of architects around the world. I have thought of studying architecture again at a renowned school, but all the opinions around me suggested that it would be a waste of time as I can improve myself without studying again.

I am kind of ashamed of my portfolio as I don't see the technicality that is present in other portfolios in this website, and I know I do not lack creativity, I am just lost and I need to know the right path for improving myself.

Can anyone here advise me what to do? Should I redo my studying? And if I should, could I find a scholarship for a good architecture school as I have spent most of the money I have on the useless studies in Jordan? If not what should I do now? I have procrastinated long enough and I think it is time to start doing something.

Any advice or help would be much appreciated.. I am desperate to start and I feel so behind in everything concerned with architecture.

Thank you all.

Mar 30, 15 4:06 pm
awaiting_deletion

I took a quick look at your portfolio and not sure why you are concerned about 'technical' issues.  I think if you work any of those jobs through you will become quite proficient technically.

I do lots of 'not special' stuff daily and it has greatly improved my approach to better designed projects. 

I would recommend to continue working and get a few built projects under your belt and then perhaps if you want to go somewhere outside Jordan start applying to firms that interest you and then if you get bored with working, then maybe go back to school.

The gate project could be quite interesting if you see it through.

Mar 30, 15 10:18 pm  · 
 · 
natematt

Given what you've said, particularly about "trending," I feel there might be a chance that we misunderstand what you mean by "technical."

Do you have an example of what you are interested in learning?

Mar 30, 15 10:41 pm  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: