Archinect
anchor

Work samples to potential employers?

Mr Almost Architect

This would be my first time applying to bigger firms that actually require a set number of pages of design samples, so, what does that really include? Am I expected to create another portfolio with 1 or two pages introduction and a set number of pages samples? Or just set number of pages total? 

This would be an example: 

"applicants should submit a total of 7 pages of design examples no larger than 6MB"

Thanks for reading this, I look forward to any responses. 

Mar 30, 15 3:47 am
MyDream

I have an interview on wed. My potential employer told me to brink Auto cad samples. I'm bringing AutoCAD, Revit, and renderings to the interview, some work is done by me and some from the actual office I worked for. The employer will tell you what is needed I think, when you come into the interview.

Mar 31, 15 1:09 am  · 
 · 
3tk

depends on the job posting... make sure all the required skill set demonstrated (details/renderings) within the context of a few projects.  1~2 pages may be a selection of 'best of' images.

Apr 1, 15 2:16 am  · 
 · 
Mr Almost Architect

I read the posting again and I missed the part where they had written: "1 page cover letter, 1 page resume, and 5 pages design samples". I actually just finished putting it together, I have 4 projects there in total, looks a bit crowded in my opinion, but i think i'll do fine.

thanks for the comments :)

Apr 1, 15 5:26 am  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: