Archinect
anchor

SCI ARC or AA DRL

arch123

Hii ,

I got accepted both sciarc and AA DRL. And its really though to decide which one to go. Because, both of them is special to me that I wish I could study in both of schools. In one hand AA has a great reputation and a history, many star architects graduated from there, on the other hand sci arc is I feel like the new AA and is great at futuristic designs.  I'm really into curved and sci-fi building even if they might only stay on the paper. Well what do you think any suggestions? The important point is also to get employed after graduation and I know that AA has a great connection about this but I have no idea about sci arc?

Mar 28, 15 3:13 pm
tanilraif

i also got accepted to AA and sci-arc and i just cant decide :( . Im from Cyprus so AA is much closer to me so the fact that it doesnt have a campus doesnt bother me however i just cant imagine living in LA without a campus. On the other hand checking student work i find sci-arc work much more interesting compared to AA which i feel is starting to get out of the architectural context.

good luck!

Mar 29, 15 8:55 am  · 
 · 
Narcus

Same case with me. 

Apr 9, 15 7:05 am  · 
 · 
arch123

I realized that AA DRL is more into robotics than the parametric architecture. But I am still curious which ones reputation is better? I seriously dont have any idea what are you going to do guys? what do you think about each school?

Apr 15, 15 5:55 pm  · 
 · 
Narcus

Both are costly, but after grad employment is more with Sci Arc than with AA

May 10, 15 1:30 am  · 
 · 
arch123

Did you decide to go with sci arc then? 

Jun 10, 15 6:36 pm  · 
 · 
sameolddoctor

Neither.

Jun 10, 15 7:07 pm  · 
 · 
sameolddoctor

Actually I would choose Sci-Arc, the DRL is Schumacher's intern factory, no?

Jun 10, 15 7:07 pm  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: