Archinect
anchor

Studio Hadid or SCI-Arc or UCLA (Greg Lynn Suprastudio)

kaank

Hi everyone, I'm graduating from my Bachelor of Architecture education at Istanbul Technical University. I've got accepted to Studio Hadid in University of Applied Arts Vienna. Also got accepted from UCLA M.Arch II Greg Lynn SUPRAstudio and to SCI-Arc M.Arch II. Normally I would go a head choosing Zaha's studio but while its three years, UCLA is a one year program that gives the same degree. And SCI-Arc is two years and is very well known compared to the other two. I need to decide soon, would appreciate your help and guidence. Btw, Studio Hadid is free education while the others are about 40 thousand dolars a year. Also information on the school in Vienna would be really helpful. Thanks... 

Mar 27, 15 1:43 pm
FYC87

At sci arc u can do exchange for a year at studio hadid. Delft and Bartlett as well. Just thought u should know.

Mar 27, 15 4:23 pm  · 
 · 
Bench

Why would someone pay $40,000 tuition just to go on exchange to the school that offered them free tuition in the first place?

Personally I'm debt-averse. Free tuition is excellent. All 3 hold a relatively similar international standing in my mind. All three are driven by the names associated with them. Choose the cheapest one.

Mar 27, 15 4:32 pm  · 
 · 
chark

I'm with @BenC on this one... Save your 40 grand and pick the one that'll leave you with less financial worry. Plus, you might not get chosen to go on exchange at Studio Hadid from the other schools.

Mar 27, 15 5:12 pm  · 
 · 
natematt

^40k/year... so save your 120k ;D

Mar 27, 15 7:37 pm  · 
 · 
FYC87

Oops didnt see the free! Go for the free one! !!

Mar 28, 15 7:03 pm  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: