Archinect
anchor

Did you ever notice how few glamour shots of rooms show the ceiling?

apure. karl loos

More often than not, I visit a completed project and find that subsequent additions have destroyed the once-clean ceiling with random openings for: sprinklers, motion sensors, speakers, HVAC equipment, and smoke detectors. It's something, that as a designer, ruins the architecture of the room. Does anyone else find this to be true? 

Mar 24, 15 1:48 pm
natematt

This is very true. Ceilings are one of the most detracting elements of many designs. Maybe this is why the "exposed" look has become more popular lately, because if you show everything then one little thing can't detract.

I appreciate a well organized set of sensors lights and sprinklers, I feel like it's a sign of a well designed space when I see it.

Mar 24, 15 2:23 pm  · 
 · 
curtkram

photoshop.

Mar 24, 15 3:41 pm  · 
 · 
SneakyPete

Look into techzone and flexzone by Armstrong. Then coordinate, coordinate, coordinate. Then talk to your CA person and explain the importance of a clean ceiling.

Nobody likes acne.

Mar 24, 15 3:47 pm  · 
 · 
citizen

I beg to differ.

Mar 24, 15 4:54 pm  · 
 · 
stone

This also ....

Mar 24, 15 6:10 pm  · 
 · 
b3tadine[sutures]

my cool ceiling got ve'd.

Mar 24, 15 6:28 pm  · 
 · 
JeromeS

Its like having too much sky in a photograph.  There is nothing wrong with a beautiful blue sky- but too much and it distracts from the scene...

Mar 25, 15 9:39 am  · 
 · 
b3tadine[sutures]

Amazing!

Mar 25, 15 10:21 am  · 
 · 
x intern

I think architects are the only people who look at the ceiling.  Take a look at the ceilings in restaurants.  I would hope if normal people and the people who own the place actually looked up most of them wouldn't be a nasty as they are. 

If you are a restaurant designer please use black tile and grid, at least that way we can't see the crap that's building up on them.

Mar 25, 15 12:30 pm  · 
 · 
Koww

Haven't noticed that at all. Do you have any evidence for this? 

Apr 28, 16 1:00 am  · 
 · 
Volunteer

Dresden Frauenkirche ceiling and tourists.

Apr 28, 16 8:15 am  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: