Archinect
anchor

Texas A & M (2 yrs) v/s Pratt (1 yr)

smg25

I am an international student and I would be glad to have your opinion and help on selection of the university with respect to the job prospect , university rankings, curriculum and value for money.

Mar 23, 15 6:29 am

Texas A & M is in a huge university, so you have a diverse student population with lots of cross disciplinary learning opportunities, it is in Texas so sports and Texan cultural loom large in every aspect of the campus. It is also isolated in the middle of east Texas farmland no major city for hundreds of miles. Politics is very conservative and a lot of the student body in the undergraduate programs come from Texas not from out of state.

Pratt is a much smaller program and university, it is in New York, the politics are much more liberal, it has lots of excellent cultural amenities nearby. Pratt has a diverse student body, but it is expensive to attend in tuition and living expenses so economic diversity will not be nearly what you would find At Texas A & M, but it does have a large draw nationally and internationally.

Are you able to visit each campus, I did a few years ago when I was considering schools, a visit will give you a deeper understanding of what it actually is like to be there and can instantly and decisively clear up any decisions you need to make.

Over and OUT

Peter N

Mar 26, 15 5:25 pm  · 
 · 

Also each program is so hugely different in every imagionable way it is not easy to compare

Mar 26, 15 5:26 pm  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: