Archinect
anchor

WUSTL

leriot

Hi! I was admitted to WUSTL 2y MArch program with $$ and soon I'll have to decide whether I want to go there or to try next year.

Could anyone share an insight about the school? I have a friend who studies there and she says that education sat Sam Fox school is costly but not really reimbursing in terms of challenge and academic diversity.

I am an international applicant with 7.5 years background in architecture and while I am rather excited about the opportunities that WUSTL offers, I would really like to challenge myself for deeper engagement in architectural studies, technologies, ect. After I graduate from WUSTL I'll have $100+ k of dept and I want to be sure to some extent that it's worth it.

I am specifically interested in curriculum, studio culture and professors.

Mar 20, 15 5:03 am

I went over ten years ago now, so probably can't be too helpful in terms of current curriculum and professors.  I enjoyed my time there, and think I got a good education. I did a dual degree thought which I found tremendously helpful to my career and enjoyable at the time (MArch/MUD).  I'd also taken some time off to work between undergrad and graduate school, so I made best use of my studios for me.  I think having some experience and being a bit older can give you an edge in terms of you making the most out of your own education and not expecting it all to be handed to be you, but that would be true of any school.  Good luck!

Mar 20, 15 11:06 am  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: