Archinect
anchor

The best country/city to work for hospitality interior designer?

yanlingdesign

Hi all,

I been working in hospitality design field specializing in restaurant, bar, and cafes at New York City for 3 years with salary around $48K. 

I would love to move to another country to experience different culture while still doing what I love and making decent amount of money as I am also saving for a year long world trip.

Now, I'm expecting Archinect have user from around the world, so....

Where do you work and how much are you making per year? 

Pros and Cons of working in the country/ city?

Thanks all for providing information. :D

For People who are interesting on coming to NYC:

I think in USA, NYC have pretty good salary for interior designer but huge chunk of salary goes to taxes... Housing isn't so bad as data showed. If you are willing to live a bit farther (30 - 45 min. commute to Manhattan) and with roommates, you can get around $800 per month for rent. The most expensive part is going out. Dining and drinking (esp. drinking) will be what you spend the most, but if you are will to cut that, you can save a lot money. There is tons of free stuff to do in summer. 

as for job, a lot of openings, but if you want to find a good company, you should get through head hunter. 

Mar 19, 15 12:18 am
belindakimhoang

Hey!

I'm also currently looking for where the best country/city to work for hospitality interior designer as well.

I'm currently living and working in Sydney, Australia.  I work in a small hospitality design firm of under 20 people however I am getting paid around 55K AUS for working 2 years in the industry. I specialize in restaurant/bars/clubs/hotels/gaming rooms.

Pros: Higher than average Salary, good work environment and regular networking with suppliers. Suppliers spoiling us with events, free food/ dinners/drinks.Very progressive city in regards to food/drink culture. Great design opportunities. Brunch culture is amazing. Living 30 mins away from city is much cheaper. Weather is great never gets colder than 8 degrees Celsius. Highest is 35-42 degrees. Rarely rains. Beach culture is great.

Cons: Living expenses are high. Taxes are also high: 33%. Rent and food is comparatively high. Going out is expensive especially food/drinks. Brunch culture very expensive hard to save money. 

I hope I get a reply as im urgently looking for another culture as my partners visa is running out and we need an alternate solution!!

Open to answer further questions if anyone is interested is Australia~ :)

Feb 27, 18 6:25 am  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: