Archinect
anchor

MArch I at UCLA or GSAPP

aranzaza

Hello everyone, I've narrowed down my schools to UCLA and GSAPP.

I've been accepted to both, but UCLA has given me an offer that makes it close to going to grad school for free. I'm having trouble choosing between them because both offer amazing programs but have different strengths and weaknesses. 

How much does is matter that Columbia is an Ivy League school? Can UCLA compete with that after graduation? I'd really appreciate some input from people who are already working and recent/not so recent graduates.

Thanks in advance to everyone

Mar 13, 15 11:23 am
stvn_ktz

A professor of mine who is a graduate from UCLA says he loses jobs all the time from Ivy grads. Just going to leave you with that thought. 

Mar 13, 15 12:07 pm  · 
 · 
Kell

I say go for the free ride at UCLA, Im not a recent grad but in a similar situation. I think it depends where you want to work. I know that UCLA's reputation in the West is very strong, and will help you land a job.  I hear their grads fare well worldwide anyways.

I also think UCLA has a better program, and faculty. 

I know that there are some other opinions but I think that Gsapp is considered one of the lesser Ivies. 

Mar 13, 15 12:36 pm  · 
 · 
ptrav

@aranzaza Just wondering where you found the financial information for UCLA?

Mar 13, 15 2:51 pm  · 
 · 
aranzaza

Hey @ptrav I got a letter from UCLA and it included my financial info

Mar 14, 15 9:12 pm  · 
 · 
Driko
The less expensive school
Mar 14, 15 9:23 pm  · 
 · 
VuONG

Nothing beats a near free education. Once you graduate, loan repayments won't be a priority when considering an office to practice under. 

Besides, if you have a provocative work sample it doesn't matter what brand school your name is attached too.... 

Apr 1, 15 4:45 am  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: