Archinect
anchor

Recommendations for a good architectural history course online?

video_killed

"To fulfill the prerequisite for the History/Theory Course Sequence, all applicants must have completed a 3-point survey course in architectural history dealing with any of the following periods: classical to Renaissance, Renaissance to modern, or modern."

First of all, what is a 3-point survey course? 

And secondly, I live pretty much in the middle of nowhere, so I'm looking to do this online. Anyone have any suggestions for a good course others have tried in the past?

Thanks!

Mar 13, 15 8:26 am
leriot

I think you should write the Uni about your situation and they would suggest something.

I've tried an online course by MIT in architectural history and it was great. However I'm not sure whether MOOC participation would count even if you pay for a certificate. The course is archived now, but maybe they will repeat it one day. https://www.edx.org/course/global-history-architecture-part-1-mitx-4-605x

Getting advice from the student's office is a right course of action anyway!

Mar 14, 15 6:06 am  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: