Archinect
anchor

Michigan VS Berkeley VS Virginia for M.Arch 1

dongtenge

I got admission from some schools and finally narrowed down to these three...

but it's still a tough choice. 

Any thoughts ????? 

Michigan said no funding (still haven't got official mail from berkeley and virginia)

What's the best choice if I don't consider the attending cost (just in case I don't get funding at all)?

Mar 12, 15 8:55 pm
3tk

everything depends on what you want (program content/alumni network/climate).  I loved uva and I can tell you that our alumni network is loyal (from ME to FL to WA to TX).

Mar 16, 15 3:24 pm  · 
 · 
natematt

^that, it all depends what you are interested in.... what are you interested in?

From what I understand they are all good schools. Unless there is something specific that you want I would look at the cost and if there is a big difference I'd go with the cheapest.

Mar 16, 15 3:39 pm  · 
 · 
null pointer

Where do you want to work? The local networks you get from whichever of those schools you go to is what will determine the best choice.

Unless you want to go into academia; then Michigan and UVA are the harder choices (Berkeley may be great, but it's still compared relatively to Sci-Arc and UCLA).

Mar 16, 15 3:50 pm  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: