Archinect
anchor

Asking advice from the grad students who taught in Harvard discovery program

Hortensia

Hi,

I was accepted to Harvard discovery program a few days ago. That is good news, though, the problem is that I'm not going to get M.arch in the future. My current background is basically social science, and with that background, now I'm going to pursue my career in the field of UX design and visualization in ph.d program. 

But I have to admit I haven't had any design and/or studio experience yet. So perhaps getting my feet wet in the architecture field might be helpful to obtain such experiences; however, still can't see how much the trade-off will be. The overall cost is quite expensive and it is really not clear about what kind of 'design' experiences I could get. 

So I'm asking around this issue to faculty members in the ph.d program, but at the same time I would like to seek opinions of the grad student who taught in discovery program - because you guys are the experts. Do you think the program helps to develop 'design thinking'? What kind of studio experience will be gained, and would it be relevant to other types of design fields? Can the 6-week training provide some kind of synergy effect to pursue the research in UX design? 

Also, it will be really great if anybody indicates how weekly curriculum (maybe of the last year) is like. More detail is the better. 

Mar 10, 15 12:22 am

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: