Archinect
anchor

Should I try to find a new job nw ?

xsfxcx

Hi All, 

I am currently first year graduate from my Bachelor studies in Architecture and have been working in my professor's firm and as research assistant for almost a year. Currently , I am waiting for my MArch results to be release , so I was just thinking if I cannot enter MArch in this year , should I be working in some other places to gain different experience. 

At first when I was attracted to work in his office is because we won a competition to go to second stage and have another pavilion can be built .  But currently the competition have ended and the other project is on hold for some reason, such that I am just working on very boring research projects and feel so weak compare with what my other classmates who are working in cooperate firms does, like drawing tenders, working on details etc.

Therefore , I would like to seek on some advice from you guys , do you think I should wait for all my results to be release before start finding my new job or I should actually start nw ? 

Mar 3, 15 9:28 am
Sorrowful Giuseppe

If feel confident enough that you have gained an experience at that company then move on.

Job is an education... I switch jobs as soon as I realize that I no longer learn stuff

I've been with my company more than 3 years  and I just got accepted in Michigan, but I am still going to switch my job and find another one until the school starts, because there is nothing I can find interesting. 

Also remember finding a new job isn't that easy...

Mar 3, 15 9:52 am  · 
 · 
xsfxcx

But then will you honestly answer the interviewer that you are just working for several months and will leave soon ?

And I was wondering if it would be common for cooperate firms to think that what we are doing in small design office and academia a waste of time ? And how should I answer that question...... This is a question that makes me so struggle, as in this year, it just make me understand that I do not want my life to get stuck in design and research forever, I think I need to get something built concretely.......

Mar 3, 15 8:59 pm  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: