Archinect
anchor

Architectural book stores in Arkansas / Dallas

kahloh

Hi guys! Ive just arrived to Little Rock and i cant find too much in any book store here... The next week I am going to Dallas, so if someone can tell me where I can find a good book store for architects, or here in Arkansas it would be great!

Thanks!

Feb 24, 15 2:38 pm
haruki

SB 202 just became law in Arkansas yesterday. This bill makes it illegal for cities and counties in Arkansas to institute anti-gay discrimination laws. Yes, the banning of discrimination is not allowed in Arkansas, the citizens of Arkansas must remain free to discriminate!

In light of this I HIGHLY doubt that you will find any bookstores in Arkansas. 

Feb 24, 15 2:58 pm  · 
 · 

To be honest, in my years in DFW, the best architectural books were always at Half Price Books if you want brick/mortar.  Would be interested to know if there is an independent in either Dallas or Fort Worth that has expanded their selection in the last 15 years.

Feb 24, 15 4:30 pm  · 
 · 
vado retro

yeah, there's Recycled Books also. Chicago doesn't even have an architectural bookstore anymore, so I doubt Dallas has a dedicated architecture/art bookstore. I could be wrong. 

Feb 24, 15 6:10 pm  · 
 · 
Sarah Hamilton
It might sound odd, and probably overpriced, but perhaps the Dallas Museum of Art has some in the gift shop? It's certainly worth a shot, especially since the museum is great AND free!
Feb 24, 15 6:31 pm  · 
 · 
kahloh

Thanks everyone! Wow, I thought I was really dumb... I was sure that at least close to the university, or the AIA had to be some... I know that I can order online but I like to have a look before buying, you know...

I´ll try iin these places and I´ll let you know if I find something else!

Feb 24, 15 9:57 pm  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: