Archinect
anchor

Introduction - 3D Printing and Augmented Reality

W.Clack

Hi all!

My names Will and i'm involved in the running of a 3D Printing and Augmented Reality start-up.

My interest and reasoning behind signing up is to talk to like minded individuals about disruptive technologies (for and against) the way things are changing, employment related issues with such tech and the like. We are from the architectural model making and film industry, so are really passionate about this sector and the changes happening within.

We are also pretty nifty with 3D programs like Rhino, Solidworks, Maya, Terragen and Sketch up (which we don't use anymore), so if anyone wants any advice on which to use or help with AutoCAD drawings converting into other software packages so they can be 3D printed then i'm here.

Anyway, that's enough fluff for one day, so I hope to hear from some people soon and perhaps we can get a little dialogue going.

Cheers

Will

Feb 23, 15 11:58 am
edcole

Will, were are you located?  I am into 3d printing, LIDAR, Agumented Reality(AR) and Virtual Reality.(VR) I am located in Washington, DC Metro Area. I suppose  i can also claim that I run a startup really its just a architecture consultancy doing some drafting and 3d modeling-have done more drafting work than 3d modeling work. However I am seeking to move into the 3d printing and AR space. In your view are 3D programs like Rhino, Solidworks, Maya, Terragen and Sketchup outmoded? What are the new software to look at? What are your thoughts on Microsoft Hololens? and how can I break into 3d printing and AR industry? I am also open to private conversation. 

Feb 25, 15 8:47 pm  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: