Archinect
anchor

Importing OBJ to Rhino, Missing Textures

Larchinect

Learning Rhino, getting better..

I bought a bunch of plant material from turbosquid. I have OBJ's and 3DS files as well as all of the .mtl and jpeg texture files. 

For some reason, when I import these OBJ's into Rhino, they are missing all materials.

Other OBJ's Ive imported (mostly trees) seem to work fine. 

Is there a way to 'relink' the .mtl file? I have figured out that I can import the 3DS file and re-texture the individual components through vray, but this is very time consuming.

WHat am I doing wrong?

Thanks!

Feb 20, 15 7:02 pm
Bench

Personally I've found better answer results for more technical questions like this on the actual Rhino forums. There you'll have people giving advice who have actually worked with the coding of the software itself - give it a try.

Feb 20, 15 8:20 pm  · 
 · 

Funny, I never have any problems like this with pencils.

Feb 20, 15 8:45 pm  · 
 · 
Bench

Miles, please don't take this as a pejorative, as I'm genuinely curious (and  respect your opinions/comments on this board for the most part) -

That being said, as the owner of a sole-proprietorship (that appears to be reasonably successful), would you ever hire someone who only knew how to work via graphite? With no knowledge of any software toolsets?

Feb 21, 15 12:59 am  · 
 · 
Larchinect

Ok, I'll take the bait... :)

now, this is really going to make you short circuit--we have two of these in our small landscape architecture office http://us.wacom.com/~/media/WTC/Images/Carousel/Products/Cintiq/710x440_DTK2400HD_01.jpg/?mw=780

Feb 21, 15 2:00 am  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: