Archinect
anchor

GSD Application checklist

citizencities

GSD applicants, when you login to your application portal and see the checklist, is the portfolio supposed to be part of it? I know for a fact I submitted it, but on the checklist it only has receipt of the LORs, GRE scores, app fee and transcript. Kind of freaking out and hope I didnt royally screw up. My stats has been "submitted" for some time, unsure if other applicants say the same thing.

Feb 20, 15 9:14 am
bvega

You are fine. The portfolio is not a part of the check list.

Feb 20, 15 10:20 am  · 
 · 
archhopeful

Beneath all of the LORs, transcripts and scores, mine has a section that's titled "Portfolio." Beneath that it says "we have received the following portfolio submissions from you:" with the name of the file I uploaded, the type of file it is, and the page number. Maybe call to check to ease your mind? I'm sure if they had actually been missing something after you paid and submitted, they would have contacted you about that because they were having some trouble with the portfolio upload page.

Feb 20, 15 10:47 am  · 
 · 
bvega

I just called the admissions department and they said that the checklist does not show portfolio because when you upload it "you immediately get the green flag. It is normal for it to not show the portfolio on the status page." 

So again, I say not to worry about it.

Feb 20, 15 11:06 am  · 
 · 
citizencities

Thanks everyone.

I cant believe I just noticed this though. How silly. Now I'm getting second thoughts about whether it was successfully submitted -- surely they wouldnt allow us to submit the application if the most crucial part of it was missing right? 

Feb 20, 15 11:52 am  · 
 · 
archhopeful

I'm sure they would have contacted you if there was such a big problem!

Feb 20, 15 12:02 pm  · 
 · 
bvega

I don't know about that....seems like an easy way to cut applicants. lol

Feb 20, 15 4:21 pm  · 
 · 
citizencities

@bvega

Is your portfolio on the checklist? Why is archhopefuls? unless he's trolling

Feb 20, 15 6:09 pm  · 
 · 
sirhc

@citizencities

I'm a GSD applicant (MArch II) too and my portfolio isn't on the checklist either. I don't think archhopeful is trolling, but then why is it showing up for him/her?

Feb 20, 15 6:38 pm  · 
 · 
mwnnown

Mine is exactly the same as archhopeful's 

There is a separate section named "Portfolio" beneath the checklist, which says "We have received the following portfolio submissions from you: Title - XXXXXXXX Format - document, 34 pages"

Feb 20, 15 6:46 pm  · 
 · 
sirhc

Since I don't know all of your backgrounds, some possible differences I can think of are,

Case 1) MArch I shows up vs MArch II doesn't show up

Case 2) If you uploaded it to the "portfolio" section it doesn't show up vs,

if you uploaded it to the "movie" section, it shows up. You would know what I'm talking about if you are a GSD applicant.

Anyways I'm calling the school on Monday unless I find an answer. Annoying!

Feb 20, 15 6:50 pm  · 
 · 
citizencities

Just for the record I'm an MLA 1 applicant. There doesnt seem to be an active forum for grad school anxieties for landscape prospies, so I troll here instead. I sent them an email, but if you get an answer please do let us know. 

Feb 20, 15 6:55 pm  · 
 · 
sirhc

I will. If you receive anything back, please let us know as well. Do you remember under which section you uploaded your portfolio? I uploaded it in the portfolio section (was able to reduce the size under 32 or whatever their limit was). I'd imagine uploading it there is more of a natural way and therefore it's automatically checked as bvega said. I'm very curious why it shows up for some and it doesn't for some.

Feb 20, 15 7:04 pm  · 
 · 
archhopeful

I'm an MArch I applicant (and a she, btw).

I uploaded mine under the video section because the images were not loading correctly under the standard portfolio section. I contacted the GSD about the problem and they confirmed that I should just upload under the video section.

Feb 20, 15 7:57 pm  · 
 · 
sirhc

@dannydisg

Do you remember which section you used to upload your portfolio? My intuition says that it's portfolio vs video thing, but I may be wrong so I'm curious about your case.

Feb 20, 15 8:14 pm  · 
 · 
mwnnown

@sirhc I think you are right, because I used the video section... 

Feb 20, 15 10:00 pm  · 
 · 
insomniarch

@everybody Make sure you add jackets to that GSD checklist if your planning on coming to Cambridge!

Feb 22, 15 3:35 pm  · 
 · 
citizencities

@sirhc

Has you heard back about the portfolio inclusion in the checklist? I e-mailed admissions but they haven't gotten back to me. 

Feb 24, 15 10:25 am  · 
 · 
sirhc

@citizencities

Yeah, sorry for late notice. I was too busy at work yesterday, but I was able to call them an hour ago. So, my assumption was correct. It was portfolio vs video thing. If you have uploaded it under portfolio section, it won't show up because it automatically goes inside of the application (like how our resumes don't show up either). The person said you can't submit an application without a portfolio, like duh.

In addition, the results will be out in first or second week of March. Everyone will be notified at the same time he said.

For stuff like this, it's pain in the ass to listen to their automated intro over and over, but once I finally reach someone to speak to, it's way faster than e-mail. I doubt they'll answer a question like this sent to their generic e-mail.

Feb 24, 15 4:32 pm  · 
 · 
Sorrowful Giuseppe

I am kinda worried.

It says: 

We have received the following portfolio submissions from you: Title - 30 pages

Does it mean that my portfolio got uploaded?

Feb 26, 15 3:51 pm  · 
 · 
sirhc

@Unamuno

What's there to worry about? It means you uploaded it under video section and that's fine.

Feb 26, 15 5:15 pm  · 
 · 
xsfxcx

Can I ask one question ? Did anyone of you here is applying for MArch I AP for GSD? 

If yes, did they sent you a pdf to ask for you prerequisites courses ? 

Feb 28, 15 1:31 am  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: