Archinect
anchor

LEED GA V4 exam prep

mjjjj

Hi. Im looking to study for LEED GA V4 and there are so many different expensive materials they suggest to read on the usgbc website.

Can anyone who passed the exam share their experiences on studying materials and other important tips?

Is a exam prep book such as, 'LEED Green Associate Exam Preparation Guide, LEED v4 Edition' enough to study and pass the exam?

Thank you!

Feb 20, 15 10:41 am

It depends on how knowledgeable you are on the subject already. I just took the test last month and passed, but I did what they recommend you not to do and only relied on taking some practice exams to get an idea of what they ask on the test.

If you understand the general ideas behind the whole process, the points, and the certifications then there's no worry. It's a very broad exam. Honestly, there's enough information on their website as well as other places that I think some expensive study materials aren't necessarily worth it. But everyone takes tests differently. Any personal advice you'll get about it will be what worked for that person. Do what you usually did to pass tests in the past.

Feb 20, 15 11:07 am  · 
 · 
natematt

If you read through one of the big study guides they recommend you should be able to pass with a margin of safety. Shouldn't take you more than a week or two to do either. I would recommend doing that though, because as broad as it might be, there is a lot of content that is pretty insular to LEED, and I think not-studying that material puts you at risk for failure.

That said, it's really not a tough test at all.

Feb 20, 15 11:32 am  · 
 · 
tcarchitect1986

I took the exam last month and passed, and would second all of the comments above.  I used the study guide and practice exams offered by GBES.  I've also heard good things about Poplar Network.  

The practice exams were by far the most helpful resource in memorizing the most important material.  The material is broad, but the exam is easy if you are studying the right stuff.

Feb 20, 15 5:12 pm  · 
 · 
mjjjj

Wow. Appreciate sharing your insights and great advices. They are very helpful :) Thank you so much.

Feb 21, 15 2:11 am  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: