Archinect
anchor

Degree in architecture + information technology

bndis@fit

Hi, I'm a newly graduated software engineer. My Bsc was on Information Technology and I come from a mathematical background. Now I have completed my first degree and I'm really keen on learning interior design, architecture and building design. But I have no prior knowledge on these study areas. And also I need to use my IT, Computer science or programming skills in combination with architecture knowledge in a good course module. I believe that I have some creativity and a good eye and I, being a girl think that it will be really interesting to learn on this study area. So I hope someone will answer this question I have. Is there any particular course module that teach architecture in combination with some IT related subjects in a one course module? If it is so will it be possible for me to learn it along with my job? I work 9hrs on week days and I'm free on weekends. Do I have to fully dedicated to learn this subject or can I do it while doing my job? I hope someone will answer this question. Thanks in advance!!!

Feb 19, 15 10:07 am
curtkram

are you saying you want to go back to school to earn an architecture-related degree while working full time?  or you want to pursue architecture as a hobby?

you can look into 'parametricism.'  those folks like to somehow link software with buildings.  patrik schumacher wrote some stuff along those lines.

Feb 19, 15 10:19 am  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: