Archinect
anchor

hello everyone

hi guys 

i'm an architectural student . i have a problem with getting a concept for example when i get in any project i get lost to have ideas even though i look into a lot of examples and too many concept but still . also when i want to present the feeling into shape for example harmony represent the organic shape and then i don't know how to do this shape into  design so could you please help me and give me some advises thank you :)

Feb 18, 15 5:09 pm
x-jla

try to image yourself in the space.  what is it made of?  what are the dimensions?  how do you use it?  how is the light? what feeling does it give you?  forget about shapes.  think about space.  shapes are consequential to space, program, etc.  

Feb 18, 15 5:34 pm  · 
 · 
awaiting_deletion

Get a sketch pad and a a camera and spend hours in spaces of good design and document what you see and experience.

Feb 18, 15 5:38 pm  · 
 · 
chigurh

come up with a super simple concept for your project and drive that bastard home in any way shape form possible.  Abstraction is key.  Simplicity.  Re-think the problem to frame it in a simpler way.  What are you interested in outside of architecture that could inform your design?  Go find a cool rock and make a project like that.  What interests you visually?  Don't look at other architecture to answer that question.  

Feb 18, 15 6:09 pm  · 
 · 

Agree with everything here. You might try a simple form based language to start.

Feb 18, 15 6:55 pm  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: