Archinect
anchor

The Gods of Architecture

Sarah Hamilton

Your nominations now.....

Feb 13, 15 2:37 pm

A BAND OF ARCHITECTURE SCHOOL DROPOUTS, ALSO KNOWN AS PINK FLOYD.

Feb 13, 15 2:42 pm  · 
 · 
citizen

I'm dyslexic.

Feb 13, 15 2:57 pm  · 
 · 

I was picturing the Gods of Architecture as the Colossi, similar to the old Archinect T-shirts.  Gods like Caffienicus, the God of Awareness;  and GrecoOrdania, the Goddess of Banks and Government Buildings, who has a utility architrave (wait, that might be an Architecture Superhero).

Feb 13, 15 3:11 pm  · 
 · 
Sarah Hamilton

CItizen, I love it!

Feb 13, 15 4:54 pm  · 
 · 
Nice one, JLC-1, I LOL'd (at the gym, wearing headphones) at the first one!
Feb 13, 15 5:36 pm  · 
 · 

^ Me too.

Feb 13, 15 6:49 pm  · 
 · 
Saint in the City

I had to right click properties on that first on -- but  WTH?  Miles was in Pink Floyd?  What?

Wait, Miles -- were you the guy that bites head off bats?

I'm probably confused. 

Feb 13, 15 7:21 pm  · 
 · 
curtkram

did you confuse ozzy and pink floyd?

Feb 13, 15 7:33 pm  · 
 · 
Wilma Buttfit

Janus, God of gates, doors, and passages.

Feb 13, 15 9:43 pm  · 
 · 
Sarah Hamilton

Miles, I was starting to worry if you'd show up or not, and if I fought all that side-scrolling crap for nothing.

Feb 13, 15 10:26 pm  · 
 · 
curtkram

i bet he doesn't recognize who that is

Feb 13, 15 10:28 pm  · 
 · 
Saint in the City

Curtkram-- you take things so literally (my previous post )

Feb 13, 15 10:29 pm  · 
 · 
Sarah Hamilton

Saint, you forgot to put your comment in sarcastic font.

Feb 13, 15 11:08 pm  · 
 · 

Beware of false Prophets. 

Feb 13, 15 11:25 pm  · 
 · 
awaiting_deletion

I see a young curmudgeon in that pic ;)

the God of Parametrics!

this thread made a MANOWAR song ring in my head

THE GODS MADE HEAVY METAL

Feb 13, 15 11:26 pm  · 
 · 
awaiting_deletion

holy shit miles....that was ridiculous...i just posted that when you posted that....

the GODS are on our side!

Feb 13, 15 11:27 pm  · 
 · 
awaiting_deletion

Miles shoot me an email sometime, have a potential job in your neck of woods, requiring someone in your neck of the woods....

Feb 13, 15 11:35 pm  · 
 · 

Beware of false prophets.

Feb 14, 15 9:09 am  · 
 · 
awaiting_deletion

One False Prophet on a another:

"It's absolutely fascinating, but utter nonsense.  You say he talks about it.  Where? [He opens a copy of S,M,L,XL.]  Look, the words freedom and liberty don't even appear in his dictionary, or anywhere else in these 2,000 pages that I can remember.  Koolhaas is like any other architect, all he does is try to make things beautiful.  He has a tougher, grittier eye than most, but he's great at it, probably the best in the world.  That's why the kids loved him before anyone else, and that's why he has finally become so fashionable for the rest of us old farts.  If you really want to take a chance, try writing that.   But then, your articles will be too short and no one will think you are brilliant." - Philip Johnson

(taken from 'Recent Koolhaas" essay by Jeffrey Kipnis - "A Question of Qualities" 2013)

Feb 14, 15 9:28 am  · 
 · 

Beware of false prophets.

Feb 14, 15 2:18 pm  · 
 · 
Sorrowful Giuseppe

@Miles Jaffe

Are you son of Norman Jaffe? Just asking :)

I have his book!

Feb 18, 15 2:59 pm  · 
 · 
snooker-doodle-dandy

Umanuno.....You need to get Miles Book...".Dictionary of the Hamptons" or something like that. 

Feb 18, 15 4:50 pm  · 
 · 

It's The Hamptons Dictionary. I assume you're talking about Gordon's book on my father.

I can't tell you how happy I am that nobody has posted firmness, commodity and delight as the gods of architecture.

Feb 18, 15 6:18 pm  · 
 · 
Sarah Hamilton
Miles, I had no idea who Norman Jaffe was until you. Then again, I can only name about 8-10 famous architects anyway. Still, I can say "I knew you first!"
Feb 18, 15 6:39 pm  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: