Archinect
anchor

Looking for cheap Tokyo accomodation to survive unpaid trial months at a top notch architecture firm

patron

HI Guys,

I am wondering if anyone happen to have any contacts or tips about getting a cheap private/shared accommodation or free housing for a few months in Tokyo .

Fortunately I am lucky enough to get a job at a top Japanese Architecture firm but unfortunately as the Japanese pride themselves for free labor, during the trial period it would be unpaid and no stipends awarded.

Hence, I am seeking for any cheap or free accommodation for about two months. Or any network links or anyone who has been there and done that, would appreciate to drop me a line on the expectation.

Feb 10, 15 9:43 am
Non Sequitur

Never work for free.

Feb 10, 15 9:55 am  · 
 · 
Menona

If they can't pay you, please don't call them "Top notch". 

Feb 10, 15 10:39 am  · 
 · 
Wilma Buttfit

They can afford to pay you if they are top notch. 

Feb 10, 15 10:50 am  · 
 · 

Maybe they'll design a building for me for free?

Feb 10, 15 10:59 am  · 
 · 
chigurh

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Capsule_hotel

Feb 10, 15 11:33 am  · 
 · 
midlander

That's pretty lucky! If he's really famous get him to sign some monographs for you; you can sell them at double cost when you get back home.

Also make sure to bring your own toilet paper. In my experience free office supplies are for the paid employees only.

Japan is fascinating. Enjoy your time there. Make sure you take some (unpaid) vacation to visit Kyoto and other architectural sites.

Feb 10, 15 9:00 pm  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: